03 February 2018

Mens cards #2 DIY tools!

My 2nd mens cards mentioned in my last blog post was a little easier to plan. I knew I wanted to use the Stampin up "Nailed It" stamp set and co-ordinating "Build It" dies set. This this birthday boy is a DIY enthusiast! it was easieras I have used this set a few times now so I found it less challenging than card #1
I am entering this 2nd mens card into some challenges 
"Anything Goes"
"Anything Goes"
I had some fun making these little tools, they are very easy to do too. Each of the tools were stamped then cut out using the dies but can you see that ruler? the little screws and nuts? too cute! I just used silver metallic card for the metal bits and coloured card for the handles, (cutting each tool twice!) after stamping I coloured the handles then trimmed them to paper piece the handles onto the metallic die cuts. it was quite quick to do. 
The cream coloured card base is square, measuring just under 6"X6" That wood like background is created using craft card stamped with the hardwood background stamp. 
The side panel is created using the stamps in the "Nail It." stamp set, I used white card for this piece but really wish I had used cream card instead! If only we had hindsight in the beginning!  I am pleased with how it turned out this time and I know the birthday boy will like it

No comments: