03 February 2018

Love is... Always & Forever

Today's card is all about the stuff I love...the joy of creativity, colours, teddy bears, rubber stamping, colouring, even a bit of Distress Oxide ink blending and of course love love love! It's about the whole process of getting lost in my creative grove and finding I am not lost at all! I found myself... what Joy! Before I share some details about how I put this card together I will just mention the challenges I am entering this card into...
#426 Word Week "LOVE"
Anything Goes / Use Your scraps
"Anything Goes"
#C4C420  "Add a Heart"
"Anything But A Birthday"
"Love is in the Air"
"Valentine - Love  Use Red on the Card"

Another reason why this image really makes me smile is that it reminds me of a bench at Fairhaven Lake. Kev and I visit this bench a lot. We sit there, we talk, we pray, we pour out our hearts to each other and to our God, at times we sit silently just taking in the awesomer view and tranquil peace, We watch the birds and the sea, and in the summer months if we timed it correctly we would be wowed with an awesome glowing sunset at the end of a lovely day it is our sweet spot and it seems these teddies have a sweet spot of their own!
Ok so onto the card... The card base is a white 5"x7" card blank onto which I have matted with red card then gingham patterned paper. The next detail was a happy accident! I intended to have that lemon flowery scrap of patterned paper on the left hand side of the card but found when I had already adhered it that the card was upside down! I was quite upset with myself but soon came round to liking it on the right side of the card instead! That was all the plan I knew for this card at that time except I knew which stamp I wanted to use (see details below).
I stamped my image Then coloured it using my watercolour pencils.  I sponged that sunset sky using Fossilised Amber and Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide inks, After die cutting the image and its red mat using two sizes of dies from the S U labels collection framelits. I pierced all around the edges using a set of coordinating piercing templates.. I created a grey scalloped strip to stretch across the card after I added 2 scraps of teeny tiny heart paper to it. The sentiment was made on my computer . The key and heart lock die cuts are cut from the signature collection by Sara Davies (Crafters Companion) this dies set iscalled "The Key to My Heart" I stuck the die cuts on with sticky pads. The white bakers twine bow and knot gives the illusion that the heart lock and key are tied onto the card.
I really wanted to use the sentiment I recently bought which says Always & Forever" but it was too big for the front of the card. It's such a special sentiment to us because when we got married we walked down the aisle out of the church together to the song "Always & Forever" by Heatwave. I was so pleased to find the Signature collection die by Sara Davies I used it in the end on the inside of the card! That little heart is the cut out from the centre of the key!
I really really love these teddy bears.  its another of my stamps that gives me the warm fuzzies and all the romantic swooning I can cope with in one day!.. Rambling Ted and Rambling Rosie are my all time favourite teddy bear images and favourite Penny Black stamps that's really saying something as Penny Black are one of the best stamp companies out there!
The Rambling Ted and Rambling Rose images are created by Michael Woodward Designs and produced by Penny Black Inc. as rubber stamps. I have a number of these stamps in my collection. The stamp used here is titled "When I'm With You, its item number is 352K my Kev ordered this stamp and some others from the USA around seven years ago, but I think its much older.

6 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hello
Fabulous card... love the cute sweet bears... stunning card...
Thanks for joining us at PBSC
Hugs Sylvie xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Aww, that truly is adorable! A really lovely entry for our 'Anything But a Birthday Card' challenge at Sweet Stampin'. Thanks so much for entering your lovely card in our challenge this week and come back to play again soon. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

cm said...

Love and romance are definitely in the air with your cuddling, darling bears! So incredibly sweet! The papers you've paired them with are ever so pretty! Truly heartwarming! Thrilled to see this gem in the JUGS gallery!
~carol

lynda said...

You've created a charming scene here with your sweet card, Teresa! I enjoyed your story about the bench at the lake with your hubby. It sounds so lovely, and I could just picture it in my mind. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge. Hope you'll join us again soon.
Blessings,
Lynda

Arlene said...

I have my favorite stamps too and these teddy bears are so cute. Wonderful card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Judy Woodland said...

Awe, such a sweet card. And you are right, it's all about getting lost in our creative groove!! Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating over at the Mod Squad Challenge Hope to see you back again soon!!!
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!