29 January 2018

Distress Oxide Inked Card, Your'e in my Prayers

As promised yesterday I have just popped by to show you the card I made with one of my Distress Oxide ink backgrounds, I am so pleased with how this turned out...
I am entering my card into the Crafty Cardmakers Challenge (HERE)
challenge #204 Get inky / Messy! I think my inky card fits the bill!

Did you see the post about buying and playing with my new Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink pads? you can view the posts HERE (link).
So this morning I took one of the backgrounds I had created yesterday, I had used the 4 colours I now own to create this background
Fossilised Amber, Picked Raspberry, 
Wilted Violet, Broken China.
I matted this piece onto a sheet of black card which has tiny little holographic polka dots that twinkle beautifully (I wish I could remember where I had got it from but its been in my stash for well over a year!) I cut the word "Prayers" out of the same piece of card using the Hero Arts Stamp and Cut "Prayers" set. 
I stamped the little sentiment above the die cut, from the same set of stamps.  I placed the matted piece onto white card stock to plan the layout but it seemed wrong somehow! too straight and angular...I wanted it to flow! Therefore I decided to tilt it and felt better lol. Then I had the bright idea (sorry for that pun LOL) of choosing the same colours and inking the card base similar to the background piece.
I used an 8x8 flourish embossing folder by Embossaliscious to emboss the card base after inking it. Now this card was coming together... I stamped some butterflies from the Stampin Up "Papillon Potpourri" stamp set and cut them out adding them to the card 3d style. Finally I added some sparkle with blingy gems to complete the card.
So many of my family and friends are going through really difficult times right now, Some with illness and others with situations that are hard to get through.I hope to be making some similar cards for them. But for now I am "virtually" sending this out in the hope that they receive at least some encouragement!and of course I will be praying for them in this tough season they are going through.

PRAYER CHANGES THINGS!
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask      or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 
 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Ephesians 3:20 NIV

7 comments:

RitaR said...

Wow! Fantastic card design. I especially love your clever idea to ink your card base to match the background piece you had created .... and then to emboss that card base just took it over the top!! This is beautiful eye candy! You've certainly inspired me with this beautiful creation and I know the recipient will be blessed, too!

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

A very pretty background. You've prompted me to pull my Oxides out today x

SewPaperPaint said...

Hi Teresa, what a lovely card with perfect DOX layering and color! I just love it and the pretty prayers die. Such a beautiful scripture to accompany this dynamite card. Hugs, Autumn

Judy McKay said...

Very pretty card. Lovely background. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Judy DT

Glenda Atkins said...

You should be proud of your card, the background is wonderful as is the design. Quite like the off center rectangle. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
hugs
Glenda

Kelly said...

Beautiful colors. Soft yet vibrant and pairs well with the that black/ white polka dot. Love this! Creative Blessings!

pinky said...

Wow Teresa your background is just beautiful, the colours are mingle together gently. Makes a beautiful and very thoughtful card.