27 January 2018

Distress Oxide Ink Pads and Patience!

Remember my post last week about Distress Oxide Ink Pads? (HERES THE LINK)  I had decided to buy some after watching videos from Tim Holtz at Creativation 2018. But could only buy 3 or 4 right now. Deciding which colours to choose was so hard as I kept changing my mind! I learned a valuable lesson through it all...
 If you don't know what to do then do nothing until you do!
I learned to stop, take a breath, walk away from the decision, and choose later!  The ink pads would still be in the store tomorrow afterall! Well that worked! After some hours doing something else I knew exactly what ink pads to choose.
Fossilised Amber, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Broken China.  I ordered them and they arrived today YAY I am super duper excited...

It seems so silly now, getting wound up like that. But God used it to show me that I was getting wound up over nothing and that patience pays off in the end! Yes I have some work to do on my impatience I guess

I am gonna play with my new Distress Oxide  ink pads s today, watch youtube videos, and use the advice given to me on Splitcoast Stampers. This is gonna be fun! it's time to enjoy the explosion of colour before me as I get into my creative groove 
Watch this space for updates! I will show you my creations in another post....
here goes

Edited 
Just adding a pic or 2 of my first Distress Oxide backgrounds so far! This was so therapeutic, I had so much fun just getting lost in the moment playing or should I say experimenting with colour.  Now I have to decide what to make from them! which begs a question.... do cardmakers plan the card? i.e. what stamps, sentiment , embellishments  etc they will use to  make their card and then make the background OR do it the other way around...make the background then decide what to do with it?

this pic seems quite dull on my monitor compared to the real thing in front of me
the thing I can get my hear round is why did I wait so long to try these inks? Well at least I am having fun now





2 comments:

RitaR said...

I just recently bought a few of the oxide inks also and really love their rich depth of color. Not only have I enjoyed making backgrounds with them, I was so pleased to find that they are excellent for inking sentiments, too. I'm looking forward to seeing the oxide ink projects you will be sharing!

RitaR said...

Teresa, these backgrounds are just beautiful! You asked whether card makers usually plan their background around other elements of their cards, or do they create their backgrounds first and then add other elements to match those backgrounds. Most of the time my process seems to run in this order: I get an idea of the card layout I want to make (which is usually inspired by another card maker's creation) then I choose the color scheme, and then at that point I will create a background layer and build up my other layers and elements from there. Of course, when I first got my oxide inks I did what you have done .... I just experimented and had fun playing with them!